Search google

Google
 

This is the place where I leave my scripts, my useful files, glad to have your suggestions. If you want to make discuss, please contact me at YM id bornbygoogle or my mail bornbygoogle@yahoo.com or simply let ur mail. I'll try to contact as soon as possible :) Nice to see you :D

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Fix for Master password expose for Pidgin

Pidgin stores you passwords in plain text in ~/.purple/accounts.xml.Someone can easily boot into recovery mode while you are away and find your passwords in plain text.Download the patch from here into the same directory and do the following


tar xf master-password.patch.tar


patch -p 1 < master-password.patch


You should be ready to configure, make, and install as normal.


./configure


make



sudo make install


When you launch pidgin, you will see a new tab in the preferences called “security”. You can set a master password there. The link above has screenshots. After configuring, you should notice that the accounts.xml file now has gibberish where there once were passwords.


To remove pidgin, run the following from the directory in which you built pidgin


make uninstall


This will work for pidgin 2.1.0,2.1.1 versions.


No comments:

Convert Megaupload links to Rapidshare links !

If someone want to convert Megaupload to Rapidshare links, please let me know, I'll do it for you ! ( for free, all ). If you want, please send those links to me, with the mail title : Convert to Rapidshare !. My mail is bornbygoogle@yahoo.com. Or YM ID : bornbygoogle.

Nice to help you ! :)